|Place of origin||India|
|In service||2009 – Present|
|Used by||Mumbai police, Force One, Delhi Police SWAT Team|
|Designer||Mahindra Defence Systems|
|Manufacturer||Mahindra & Mahindra Limited|
|Crew||6 [2 (driver, co–driver) + 4(rear)]|
|Armor||Variable level armor kits|
|remote weapon station|
|Engine||2.49 L CRDE BS-3|
|Ground clearance||2.40 m|
Mahindra Marksman is India’s first armoured capsule-based light bulletproof vehicle to provide protection to the personnel of Defence, Paramilitary and Police forces against small arms fire and grenade attacks. It has capability to be used in counter terrorist as well as conventional roles.
The Mumbai Police’s Force One is the first police force in India to be equipped with the Marksman.
- Sides – Can withstand three direct hits of 7.62 X 51mm NATO Ball M80, 7.62 X 39mm Ball PS and 5.56 X 45mm Ball M 193 at a distance of 10m at 90° angle attack.
- Top – Can withstand three direct hits of above ammunition at a distance of 10m at 45° angle attack.
- Floor – Protection against two DM 51(German norm) hand grenades detonated under the vehicle simultaneously.
- Additional protection – All joints and welding have overlap. The rear stowage boxes provide protection to crew when using the rear door.
- Cuppola has an machine gun mount with 270° traverse and protection.
- Seven crew firing ports.
- Outward facing configured rear seat and wide bulletproof windows allows total operational orientation of the crew sitting at the rear.
- Search light mounted on top of the vehicle controlled from inside the vehicle by the driver/co driver.
- Rear view camera and a TV screen for the driver and co driver to see the dead zone behind the vehicle.
The Marksman uses a 2.5L CRDE engine which is BS3 compliant. With 105bhp of power on tap at 3800rpm and 228Nm of torque between 1800-2200rpm the engine is good enough to haul the 3200kg (2600kg unladen + 600kg of payload) vehicle. The car can seat 6 [2 (driver, co–driver) + 4 (rear)]. The car has a 5 speed manual gearbox and 4 wheel drive along with power steering. Air conditioning is available as an option. The independent suspension (front) and rigid leaf spring along with shock absorber (rear) ensure this heavy vehicle will stay put on the road on any conditions. Its tires run flat system. All vehicles come with standard alloy wheels. The Marksman can hit a top speed of 120 km/h.
- Counter Terrorist Operations
- Patrolling in high intensity areas
- Special Forces operations
- Quick Reaction Teams
- Mobile Check Points
- Mob Dispersion
- Conventional Operations
- Convoy protection and escort
- Armed reconnaissance
- Raids/road blocks in open/desert terrain
For any inquiry about this vehicle please contact: Gupta Rajiv 00 971 55 22 84 584